Quote of the Week

Quote of the week: “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blog Changes

Once again I have decided to make some changes to my blog. As in life, there are times when we reevaluate ourselves and discover that some changes need to be made, so is the case with blogging. I have come up with some ideas of how to expand this blog and make it even better. The first change will be the blog name itself.

After some reflection, I've decided to take it from A Writer's Tales to A Writer's Wings. I think the new title better describes where I am at right now with my writing and blogging. I am in a period of expanding my wings and trying out new areas to see what is the right fit.

 Another change will be adding a few regularly appearing chronicles that will be added to every so often. These will be titled Grammar Guru, Punctuation Police, and Writing Prompt.

Grammar Guru

Grammar is a topic that is important to a writer. Sometimes a writer needs a refresher in this area to keep up to date. In order to better understand the rules of proper writing, I will be creating a chronicle of blogs titled Grammar Guru. Any blog with this header in its title will be dedicated solely to the topic of grammar. Since grammar is something that is always used in the career of a writer, I have created a separate page which will have links to all Grammar Guru blogs for easy access. 

Punctuation Police

Punctuation is just as important as grammar, so there will be a separate chronicle of blogs  on this topic that will be titled Punctuation Police. Any blog with this header in its title will be dedicated solely to the topic of punctuation. I have not yet, but will be creating a separate page which will have links to all Punctuation Police blogs for easy access once I have posted the first blog of this chronicle.


Writing Prompts

Being creative can be difficult at times and sometimes our muse needs an extra push, so there will be a separate chronicle of blogs that will be titled Writing Prompts. Any blog with this header in its title will be dedicated solely to the topic of writing prompts. I have not yet, but will be creating a separate page which will have links to all Writing Prompts blogs for easy access once I have posted the first blog of this chronicle. 

Quote of the Week

Another thing that helps with inspiration is inspirational quotes. I will be posting a new one each week at the top of the blog underneath the butterfly banner. Look for a separate page with all previous weeks quotes coming soon.

New Change as of 7/7/11: Instead of having just a Quotes page, I will rename it Inspiration so that any inspirational blogs I come up with will be posted there as well.

Future Projects

Also look for a multiple part series of blogs coming up on Critique Etiquette, Point of View, and Dialogue. I am also in the process of talking to other authors to possibly do guest blogs on topics that interest them.

I hope that you enjoy the new changes coming up and if there is something you would like to see added or a topic talked about, please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment