Quote of the Week

Quote of the week: “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Spotlight: The Write Brain Workbook


Over the Christmas Holidays, as part of my Christmas gift, I purchased a bunch of writing books that I thought I'd find interesting and helpful with my writing. I purchased several on helping in the craft of writing, but I also wanted to make sure I got one dedicated solely to writing exercises, so I ordered the book The Write Brain Workbook: 366 Exercises to Liberate Your Writing  by Bonnie Neubauer


Pic of some of the inside pages


I wasn't sure how great this book would be, but going by the reviews that it received, I decided to give it a try. Boy, did I hit the jackpot! From the first page and on, this book is jammed packed full of fun ways to get a writer's creative juices flowing. In fact, there's a writing exercise for every single day in the 2012 year, so I certainly won't be lacking in ways to spark new ideas.


Pic of some of the inside pages


I find the best part of the book is that just the simple act of opening the book is like breathing a fresh breathe of air. The pages are colorful, fun and interesting to look at. If that wasn't enough, the exercises themselves have a funness that is contagious!


More of the inside pages


Most exercises prompt the openings of fun quick short stories that are great for getting the mind warmed up for more serious work. The main purpose of this book is to fire up the creativity so it can do some awesome playing and it certainly delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment