Quote of the Week

Quote of the week: “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Believe

It's a word most people associate with religion and Santa Clause, but there is another side of it as well. Until recently I did not understand the power behind that word. It took a movie (Kung Fu Panda), of all things, to see it as something else I could apply to serious problem (writer's block) I was having. I guess I was never open to consider the possibilities and depth of that single word until I was ready. What am I talking about? Belief in oneself.



It's might sound conceited but I assure you it isn't. It's all about having the confidence to make things happen. Have you ever tried to do something, but was constantly second guessing yourself? Have you ever thought that you would never get something done, or wanted something but could never picture yourself getting it? I bet each time you did this you rarely reached your goal and you eventually gave up on whatever it was you wanted. I know I've done this so many times I've lost count, but now see that it wasn't that I couldn't get what I wanted or go where I wanted. I was holding myself back. Whether it's a deep seeded desire to sabotage myself or just plain ignorance, I can't say for sure.

It's true what they say that if you want something, or do something you need to see yourself accomplishing that goal. Don't focus on your faults or short comings, but see them as challenges to overcome. Each challenge that you conquer and put behind you gets you one step closer to your end goal and will give you the boost of confidence needed to climb your mountain of choice.

My mountain's of choice; being a good mother, having a loving marriage, being a published writer, earning financial freedom, and enjoying each second of life. I realize that some of that list will be harder to accomplish than others, but I need to believe that it can be done or it will never happen. Of course, I will constantly need reminding to believe in myself, but then that is one of the reasons I created this blog, so I can go back and see my progress without having to rediscover them (hopefully).

In a nut shell... Truly believe in what you want. Tell yourself everyday that all things are possible. Remind yourself of what you want to accomplish. See yourself obtaining your goals, but most importantly KNOW what you want and where you want to go. So what do you believe you can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment