Quote of the Week

Quote of the week: “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Writing Progress

I know it's been a long while since I've posted on this blog. I do have a perfectly good excuse. I've been writing like a whirlwind on my new series of novels. It's been a fun, but tiring process of getting the story down as fast as possible. I posted a blog called Marathon Writer: Riding the High back in May, and well I've been riding that high ever since. I managed to finish that book (Shadow Games) and start on another one (Blood Feud), which I'm about 68,000 words into right now. The story is just huge with plot twists and events happening all over the place in my Universe called Ethia.

It starts with a suicide attempt, leading to a kidnapping from Earth to a strange new Universe, then a ancient tradition called the Blood Feud, and it just goes downhill from there (ha ha ha... so loving torturing my character!). Right now the series (called Emperors of Ethia) is up from my original idea of 3 books to 6 and there's still more story to tell beyond that. If I'm not careful I think I might get a bit overwhelmed. Who am I kidding, I'm already there.

Anyways, after a week or so of feeling exhausted and close to complete burnout, I've decided to take a little break from my series and try updating my blog and maybe work on a short story. My goal is to return to finish Blood Feud after a little break, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully a little time away from Ethia might help me not feel so blah and used up.

I have a few ideas for blog post that I've been saving up to write about. I will try working on one today and see how it goes. It will certainly be a switch from writing about Adar and Markus (my two main characters), but I think I'm going to make my guys take a backseat today. So shut up you two and let Mommy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment