Quote of the Week

Quote of the week: “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 2013 Writing Goals

Oh man, I have to come up with more goals? Don't I already do that almost everyday of the week? And didn't I just kick butt with my 2012 goals? Okay, so maybe coming up with some new things to strive for may not be a bad idea. Here are some things I would like to accomplish in 2013.

Read
This is a goal I still need to keep on doing. I did better in 2012, but I can do even better. My goal to read at least a chapter or short story every single day.

Write
This I have been doing pretty good in, but I'm putting it down as a goal to remind myself not to become a slacker. I must write everyday!!!! 

Beef up my Self-Editing 
This is something I have been wanting to do for awhile. I have a great ability of finding plot holes, character flaws, and inconsistencies in stories, but when it comes to grammar, spelling, and punctuation I don't shine as bright. My goal for 2013 is to read a few books, and take a few classes so I can become a super editing machine!

Finish Blood Feud
Do I have to say it? Really? My goal is to have Blood Feud completely finished by the dawning of 2014. I'm nearly done with my first draft, so it has a possibility of happening. I'm going to keep fighting the good fight and see how far I get!

Work on Short Stories
Because I have thrown so much time into Blood Feud, my short story writing has fallen mostly by the wayside. I'd like to try to at least finish several short stories I have on the back burner, and maybe even come up with a few new ones. I can do it! I know I can!

Do More Posts for My Blog
I really do need to be more proactive at posting for my blog. I actually do have a list of ideas to write about, but I haven't taken the time to write them out. My goal is to try and post something every two weeks at minimum.

Break into Travel Writing
This is something that has interest me for awhile now. I'm not sure what it will take, but I would at least like to try my hand at travel writing and see where it leads. I know I love to travel, and I have several awesome vacations in the works this year. Well, see how it goes.

Wow! I'm already excited to get things going and I can't wait to see what happens next! So what are your goals for 2013?




No comments:

Post a Comment